ORGANIZATION SSL CERTIFICATE (OV, SAN OV, Wildcard OV)
Strong authentication for regular websites, starting from €179. SAN option starting from €40. Wildcard starting from € 469.
This certificate provides instant identity confirmation and strong SSL protection for your website.
With OrganizationSSL certificates, increase visitor trust and assurance : authentication of your organization’s identity increases credibility and protects against imposters.
Features at a glance
Certification authority GlobalSign
- Organisation Validated certificate (OV)
- Authenticated organization details contained in the certificate
- Activation and issuance within 2 to 3 days
- Option for multiple domains on 1 certificate – Subject Alternative Names (SAN)
- 128 bit to 256 bit encryption
- Browser padlock with httpS://
- Advanced anti-phishing controls
- Works with or without “www.”
- Optimum browser and mobile compatibility
- SHA-256 digital signature
- Site security seal
- Financial guarantee: $1,250,000
Four security objectives are sought for the use of the certificate:
- the authentication of the web server transmitting the data: necessary to ensure the authenticity of the website that issues the certificate ;
- the confidentiality of the information transmitted and exchanged ;
- the integrity of the data exchanged: the certificate must be “powerful” enough to prevent a third party from altering the transmitted data ;
- last optional step: the client’s authentification: to ensure, ultimately, that the data was transmitted by the user who made the request.
The SSL certificate works under a client-server format:
- First step: the client connects via SSL to the server, and requests its authentication. The client simultaneously sends the encryption systems its browser uses (in descending order of importance) ;
- After receiving the request, the server sends the public key, and the name of the first encryption system it is compatible with ;
- After verifying the certificate, the client creates a random private key, encrypts it with the public key and returns a session key ;
- Last step: using its private key, the server decrypts the session key, which becomes a common key. Both parties can now “converse” using this session key, ensuring the integrity of all data exchanged.
Certain elements allow us to recognize an encrypted internet page. The first of these is an icon on the status bar of your browser. The second visible element for an encrypted page is the appearance of the initials “https” in the address bar of your browser, indicating that the address is secure.
Installing an SSL certificate with Namebay
To obtain an SSL certificate with Namebay, follow these four steps:
- firstly, generate a CSR that is unique to each software application and/or version managing the web server. For example, if you use Apache, you need a CSR for Apache, whereas if you use IIS, you need a key for IIS.
- 2e step: complete the online application for a certificate.
- we’ll process your request
- After receiving our e-mail, copy and install the SSL certificate that was generated for you.
A few technical details describing the TLS/SSL certificate. The SSL protocol is implemented in the TCP/IP session layer, which ensures the transmission of data over the Internet. The link layer is the intermediate layer between the transport layer and application layer (which contains the HTTP protocol). The HTTPS protocol is thus the HTTP protocol on the SSL.
Thanks to the SSL certificate, users are reassured from start to finish that any sensitive information transmitted cannot be used by a third party. Europe is one of the largest market areas for internet services. A quarter of all domain names are registered in Europe. Not including an SSL certificate in your e-commerce solution translates into a serious handicap against the competition.