BUSINESS SSL Certificate (EV & SAN EV)
The green bar for e-commerce and huge traffic websites,starting from 399 €. SAN option starting from 80 €.
Activate the green address bar to enhance your trust level on all the latest browsers – EV SSL certificates are the only way to show your customers that your company has been verified in accordance with the strictest industry standards.
This certificate is designed to respond perfectly to security problem issues faced by the majority of e-commerce sites or sites with heavy traffic.
Get the green address bar for a maximum level of reliability and trust!
Business SSL Certificate (EV SSL – Extended Validation) shows your customers directly that you use the highest SSL security levels currently available. By enabling the green address bar and specifying your company’s name to customers, your SSL certificate gives you a level of reliability and trust above that of standard padlocks lacking extensive validation. Increased trust in your website allows you to increase your conversion rate. Give your customers the security and confidence that will enable them to buy on your site using the highest levels of security, thanks to the most visible SSL security on the market.
Features at a glance
Certification authority GlobalSign
- Extended validation
- Authenticated organization details contained in the certificate
- Activation and issuance within 3 to 5 days
- Option for multiple domains on 1 certificate – Subject Alternative Names (SAN)
- 128 bit to 256 bit encryption
- Advanced anti-phishing controls
- works with or without “www.”
- Optimum browser and mobile compatibility
- SHA-256 digital signature
- Site security seal
- Financial guarantee: $1,500,000
Four security objectives are sought for the use of the certificate:
- the authentication of the web server transmitting the data: necessary to ensure the authenticity of the website that issues the certificate ;
- the confidentiality of the information transmitted and exchanged ;
- the integrity of the data exchanged: the certificate must be “powerful” enough to prevent a third party from altering the transmitted data ;
- last optional step: the client’s authentification: to ensure, ultimately, that the data was transmitted by the user who made the request.
The SSL certificate works under a client-server format:
- First step: the client connects via SSL to the server, and requests its authentication. The client simultaneously sends the encryption systems its browser uses (in descending order of importance) ;
- After receiving the request, the server sends the public key, and the name of the first encryption system it is compatible with ;
- After verifying the certificate, the client creates a random private key, encrypts it with the public key and returns a session key ;
- Last step: using its private key, the server decrypts the session key, which becomes a common key. Both parties can now “converse” using this session key, ensuring the integrity of all data exchanged.
Certain elements allow us to recognize an encrypted internet page. The first of these is an icon on the status bar of your browser. The second visible element for an encrypted page is the appearance of the initials “https” in the address bar of your browser, indicating that the address is secure.
Installing an SSL certificate with Namebay
To obtain an SSL certificate with Namebay, follow these four steps:
- firstly, generate a CSR that is unique to each software application and/or version managing the web server. For example, if you use Apache, you need a CSR for Apache, whereas if you use IIS, you need a key for IIS.
- 2e step: complete the online application for a certificate.
- we’ll process your request
- After receiving our e-mail, copy and install the SSL certificate that was generated for you.
A few technical details describing the TLS/SSL certificate. The SSL protocol is implemented in the TCP/IP session layer, which ensures the transmission of data over the Internet. The link layer is the intermediate layer between the transport layer and application layer (which contains the HTTP protocol). The HTTPS protocol is thus the HTTP protocol on the SSL.
Thanks to the SSL certificate, users are reassured from start to finish that any sensitive information transmitted cannot be used by a third party. Europe is one of the largest market areas for internet services. A quarter of all domain names are registered in Europe. Not including an SSL certificate in your e-commerce solution translates into a serious handicap against the competition.